Wednesday, April 21, 2010

write a short horror story about an invisible killer that devastates a community

The year is 2053. A colony was recently started on the planet Mars. This red planet might seem inhospitable but it is actually quite a beautify place. The red dust spreads all the way around the planet and leads to the icy poles. The temperature is -100 F. The primitive site that we have built only containers a few buildings. there are only 10 families that were dropped off for this trip. I am the officer assigned to keep order in this isolated colony. It seems like an easy task but I have been wrong before.

There was a loud ruckus outside and it made me and Jeff jump. It sounded like a strange reptilian growl that made the hair stand up on the pack on my neck. I ran over to the weapons cabinet and grabbed an non lethal stun rifle. Its design was similar to a taser except it could shoot a longer distance and was more powerful. It should stun a man for 20 minuets. I gave another one to Jeff and we put on our suites so we could survive expose to the harsh environment out side. We walked out and were instantly last in a martian sand storm. I threw a rope to Jeff so we wouldn't get separated.

I heard a a strange noise and turned just as Jeff let out a blood curtailing scream. I saw a flaw of scales and a metallic colored tail sweep through the dust. I ran over to Jeff and saw we had three long scratch marks across his shoulder. They didn't look life threatening but they would be difficult to stick up. I took Jeff inside and put him in a chair. I stitched up his wounds and let him rest.

The next morning He had a strange blue colored rash quickly spreading across his chest. I took a closer look and then Jeff coughed blood all over my face. I wiped it off and became very worried about him. The rash spread through his entire body within the next hour and he began to fall into convulsions. He died the next day.

All the families and I had a meeting the next day. I stood up and informed them about what happened. I began to cough and was instantly worried. I didn't want anyone else to catch this lethal virus but it was too late. Are entire community soon was covered in strange blue rashes. They died the next day. I was the only survive of this alien plague. I wish I hadn't because the horrors of living in this hostile new would alone was to much. I am a two year trip from earth but I cant risk it. I could spread this unstoppable virus to earth and we would all be doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment