Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Choose a Julio-Claudian emperor and write a 2 to 3 page skit where that emperor is seeing a psychologist. What's on his mind?

Emperor Nero

Psychologist: What is on your mind today emperor Nero?

Nero: I think that I may be going crazy!

Psychologist: I might be able to help. What is going on?

Nero: Well fist Poppaea said that if we want to be together then I have to kill my mother.

Psychologist: Well this is bad news. Did she convince you to do it.

Nero: Yes, She did.

Psychologist: How did she convince you do it?

Nero: She told me that my mother was plotting to kill me so that my successor could take the thrown.

Psychologist: Did you honestly believe this.

Nero: Yes, of course I believed her. My mother was keeping up apart. She was the only thing that kept us apart.

Psychologist: It seems to me that Poppaea has a controlling personality and is using you do what she wants. I believe that she will continue to exploit you.

Nero: This can’t be. I don’t believe you.

Psychologist: That was just my professional opinion. You don’t have to believe what I said if it upsets you.

Nero: I think she does want to be with me. She would never try to exploit me.

Psychologist: What happened next?

Nero: Well, She told me that if anyone found out that I would lose my thrown.

Psychologist: I can see. Did this anger you?

Nero: Yes, it did. She then said that I needed to frame her death so it looked like a suicide.

Psychologist: How did you do this.

Nero: I took that dagger that I killed her with and put it in her had so it looks like she stabbed herself in the chest.

Psychologist: This is quite a gruesome event. Do you have any adverse effects from it?



Nero: I don't want to talk about it. You will think I am crazy.



Psychologist: Go ahead. I will reserve my judgment.



Nero: Aside from always feeling guilty, I think I may be haunted by my mothers spirit.



Psychologist: Why do you believe this?



Nero: When I can’t sleep, I walk through the halls of my palace. Sometimes I see dark shapes cross the corner of my eye and hear my mother’s screams.



Psychologist: I believe that what you are experiencing is extreme paranoia cause by the guilt of killing your mother. There are various medications that you can take for this I you want me to prescribe them.



Nero: No, her ghost is real. She is still with me. I am not crazy!



Psychologist: This may seem real but I assure you it is just a hallucination. They will fade with time.



Nero: Are you sure.



Psychologist: Yes, most definitely.



Nero: Thank you so much.



Psychologist: You can come and see me any time. Good bye emperor Nero.
Nero Good bye.



Source:



Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. http://www.humanitiesweb.org/human.php?s=h&p=c&a=b&ID=95.



Picture Source:



Nero 1.JPG. Web. 9 Mar. 2010. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nero_1.JPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment